|"There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
Renew yourself with a custom massage tailored to fit your body. Experience a unique massage customized to reduce stress, relieve muscle tension, and create an overall feeling of well-being. Patrick likes to make each massage unique, combining different modalities to provide a therapeutic yet relaxing massage. He believes that massage not only helps people feel better physically and mentally, but also helps people become more aware of how to better take care of their bodies. The ultimate goal is that you are focused on the pleasure of this moment in time and allow your body to feel 100% of the pleasure that is offered.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Gentle massage affects the nervous system through nerve endings in the skin, stimulating the release of endorphins, the body's natural 'feel good' chemicals, to help induce relaxation and a sense of well-being, to relieve pain and reduce levels of stress chemicals in the body. Massage helps reverse the damaging effects of stress by slowing heart rate, respiration and metabolism and lowering raised blood pressure.
Common types of massage
· Classical Swedish massage: kneading and stroking the body's soft tissue with varying degrees of pressure.
· Acupressure: pressure applied to the acupoints, as in shiatsu.
· Reflexology: pressing and massaging the soles and toes to 'unblock energy' and restore 'balance' to the body.
· Deep tissue massage: slow, intense strokes and deep finger pressure or friction. Oil on bare skin.
· Sports massage: a combination of Swedish and deep tissue movements to improve performance, relieve muscle tension or treat sports-related injuries.